Amherstview Golf Club Policies and Procedures
Well thought out and implemented policies and procedures ensure:
- Good practice;
- Helps to establish a professional and effective organization;
- They provide consistency amongst staff, members and guests;
- They can prevent any ambiguity about how particular situations/issues should be handled in the service;
- They promote harmony among staff, members and guests;
- The help provides more efficient and effective delivery of service.
Update June 30, 2020
We have done everything right and we are completely devastated. Please be well everyone. Having said that, we do appreciate the KFL&A Health Unit for doing their utmost to ensure all of us remain safe.
Please be advised all Clubhouse Staff have tested negative, our grounds crew have ceased maintenance and will not report back to work until negative results are in.
All patrons who were at AGC on June 22, 23, or 24 are required to get tested and self-isolate pending a negative test result. Please click the link below and read the full KFL&A press release.
These rules and procedures are in addition to normal policy, made necessary because of COVID-19. These extra COVID rules are intended to help protect golfers, guests, and staff. Let's work together and keep everyone safe.
- Take out food and drink is available through the pro shop only.
- On days the beverage cart is available, place your order from at least 2 m distance. Do not crowd the attendant and allow staff to safely deliver your purchase to you. Payment by debit or credit only.
- Clubhouse, patio, locker rooms and club storage are not open at this time.
- Maintain social distancing - please stay 2 m apart from arrival to departure.
- Come to the course 15 minutes before your tee time.
- Sanitize often.
- Maximum of two customers in the pro shop at one time.
- Maximum of one person per bathroom at a time.
- On the course: there will be no rakes, no ball washers and no benches. Please DO NOT TOUCH the flagpole. Pin-caddies have been installed for your safety.
- Do not touch each other or anything that does not belong to you.
- One person per power cart, unless you live together. Carts will be sanitized between use. Please keep 2 m away from other carts.
- Pull carts are available and are sanitized between use.
- The practice putting green is open for a couple of putts before your tee time.
- The Driving Range is open - through the Pro Shop only.
Our Dress Code is designed to maintain an atmosphere consistent with the tradition of golf. In the spirit of accomplishing this, members and guests are requested to wear appropriate attire at Amherstview Golf Club.
- Golf shorts are permitted.
- Golf skirts are permitted.
- Golf shirts with collars are preferred. Mock necks are acceptable. Ladies' sleeveless golf shirts are permitted, however, tank tops are not.
- Denim shorts and bathing suits are strongly discouraged.
- Shoes: soft spikes or soft-soled shoes permitted.
Corporate Membership Policy
- Full corporate and half corporate memberships include the option to participate in all club events for membership owners only.
- If a tee time is unused on any given day, it can be donated, given to a friend, employee(s), etc.
- One membership owner must be designated to book all tee times.
- For more information on our Corporate Membership options, please contact us.
Driving Range Policies
- Driving range members are eligible for two large buckets of balls per day. These balls are not to be shared by non-range members.
- Buckets of balls are available for purchase by non-range members.
- Any practice range balls left unused will be returned to the back shop immediately.
- Sharing of range balls by members will result in the loss of use of driving range membership without refund.
- The Club storage season (including cleaning) runs from Men's Opening Day to Men's Closing Day (end of April to end of September) each season.
- Only valid club storage patrons may leave their clubs on the premises.
- Golf Clubs left in club storage are not covered by Amherstview Golf Clubs' insurance policy. Please ensure you have adequate coverage.
- Due care shall be taken for the safety of all players before any shot (on the course or driving range) is attempted.
- A player shall not hit until the group in front of them is out of range
- So as to not impede the speed of play, each player in the group shall be ready to play when it is his/her turn
- Keep up Pace. On a full course, groups playing through slow down the day’s pace even more. When a group has an open hole ahead of them, they should do everything in their power to close the gap.
- To expedite play: Around the green take your putter and any other club you think you might need to the green surrounds. Practice continuous putting whenever possible allowing others to hole short putts out rather than marking and waiting. Situate your clubs so they are on your way back to the cart. Do scorekeeping on the next tee.
- The bar will be open 7 days a week from 11:00 am to at least 6:00 pm (weather permitting)
- No beer, spirits or wine, other than those provided by the bar, shall be kept or consumed on the premises, and under no circumstances will the removal of alcoholic beverages from the premises be permitted in accordance with the Liquor License Act of Ontario.
- Shall have absolute authority to enforce the rules and regulations of the Liquor License Board of Ontario.
- Shall not serve anyone under the legal drinking age, as defined in the Liquor License Board of Ontario’s regulations. The only acceptable proof of age is a valid driver's license or valid passport.
- Will refuse to serve anyone under the influence of alcohol or drugs who appear to be intoxicated or troublesome.
- Will record the events, to the best of their knowledge, of any disturbance in the Bartender’s Daily Log Book.
- Fighting or vandalism will not be tolerated. Customers who do either will be asked to leave the premises. If necessary, the O.P.P. will be called to provide assistance to the staff.
- Smoking is not permitted on the premises other than in designated smoking areas.
- No alcohol is permitted to be removed from the premises.
- No alcohol, other than that purchased under the liquor license is permitted to be brought in the premises.
- Intoxicated patrons and customers who start fights, damage property or bother other customers will be dealt with carefully and politely. They may be asked to leave the premises and if they resist, the O.P.P. will be called.
- Amherstview Golf Club members and patrons will be inclusive and welcoming.
For the enjoyment of our guests
- Non-alcoholic and low alcohol beverages are offered at competitive prices.
- Our staff will be happy to assist you in finding a safe ride home. Please ask the staff for assistance.
- All of our service staff are fully trained through Smart Serve Ontario and will intervene to keep our customers safe.
Pace of Play
Four hours and 14 minutes is the amount of time that should be taken to play Amherstview Golf Course.
Reminder - it is the player's obligation to keep pace by doing the following:
- Keeping Pace;
- Keep up with the group in front;
- If you lose a hole, call the group behind through;
- Be ready to play your shot when it's your turn;
- Leave the green promptly.
How players can minimize round times:
- Be aware of your position with regard to the group in front and keep up with that group.
- If you feel that your group is losing ground, tell the other players in your group.
- If your group is behind, try to catch up.
- If you lose a clear hole and are delaying the group behind, or if there is no group in front of you, and you are delaying the group behind, invite the group behind to play through.
- Be ready to play your shot. While exercising due consideration for other players in your group, put your glove on, check your yardage, pick your club and line up your putt while others are playing.
- At the green, speed up your exit by positioning your bags on the way to the next tee.
- Move off the green as soon as all players in your group have holed out and mark score cards at or on the way to the next tee.
- Play a provisional ball if your ball may be lost outside a hazard or out of bounds.
- Be polite to other groups. All golfers hit some bad shots, so give them a few minutes to recover.
- Listen to the marshals. If you are asked to pick up the pace, please do so.
- The pace of play issues should be reported to the AGM - Operations.
Rain Check Policy
- Players are expected to continue play during rain and/or drizzle.
- All players requesting a rain check may be required to wait up to an hour after check-in to determine if course conditions will improve. A rain check may be issued only if the golf course AGM - Operations deems the course unplayable.
- When the unplayable decision has been made, players are required to report to the golf shop so their time can be registered.
- Rain checks are issued depending on the number of holes played: 1-4 holes the customer receives an 18-hole rain check; 4-13 holes the customer receives a 9 hole rain check; 14 or more holes do not qualify for a rain check.
- 18-hole rain checks are valued at the rate that you were charged prior to teeing off.
- 9-hole rain checks are valued at the twilight rate (off season vs. peak season).
- Any rain check can be applied towards greens fees of equal or greater value. There will be no cash refunds if the rain check is used for a lesser value.
- Rain checks are non-transferable and non-replaceable.
- Rain checks are only redeemable for greens fees and cart fees and hold no cash value.
- Rain checks expire 30 days after the date issued.
- Rain checks may only be redeemed one at a time.
A refund for all or part of the membership fee may be approved by the General Manager for extenuating circumstances such as lengthy illness, moving etc. In each case, a doctor's certificate, a moving notice or another legitimate document must be submitted to the General Manager. For refund purposes the year will be deemed to be a 25 week period - starting May 1. The refund (or credit for next year's fees) granted shall be determined by (total membership paid, divided by 25 x number of weeks remaining in the season). This calculation will be made effective on the date the request and documentation are received. Refunds will not be granted for green fee packages, range packages or cart packages. Unused rounds will not carry from year to year.
Merchandise purchased from the Pro shop will be refunded or exchanged within 30-days and only if accompanied by the original purchase receipt. Upon inspection, if the merchandise appears worn, damaged in any way, a refund will not be granted.
Prizes won at Amherstview Golf Club that was purchased through our current Pro Shop stock will be exchanged only within 10-days of being awarded. Prizes will not be exchanged for credit.