Bob Steacy Tuesday Men's League
The Amherstview Men's League will begin on Tuesday, June 8, 2021. The regular season will run for 15 straight weeks and be followed by three weeks of playoffs. League play will take place on Tuesdays and can be played anytime during the day or evening. It is preferred that you play with at least one other person that is in the league to attest your score, but you may play with a non-league member if that's all that is available. No solo players will be allowed to submit a score.
The league will consist of eight teams of approximately 15-17 players. Each team will be assigned a team captain who will be responsible for naming the team and drafting the players to be on the team. Although you will be assigned to a team, you are not required to play with your teammates and can play with anyone participating in the league, or not in the league if that's all that is available. The teams are strictly for scoring purposes, which is important in itself as we are trying to build camaraderie within the league.
Every team will play each other a minimum of two times in the regular season (15 weeks: Tuesday, June 8, 2021 - Tuesday, September 21, 2021). At the conclusion of the 15-week regular season, there will then be three weeks of playoffs (September 28 - October 12). The playoffs will be “A Pool” (teams finishing 1st to 4th in the regular season) and “B Pool” (teams finishing 5th to 8th in the regular season) and run as a FedEx style format, with a set number of points being assigned for finishing in places one through four in each of your respective pools. As the playoffs progress, the points available will also be increased so that every team will still have a chance at claiming the top spot.
Each week two gross scores and five net scores will count towards the overall team score. This format allows for players to post their own score while still keeping the focus on the team aspect. The regular season is a team vs. team format, teams will receive 10 points for a win, five points for a tie, zero points for a loss. The program awards one participation point for every player that shows up regardless of their performance on the golf course. Up to a maximum of 10 participation points per team will be awarded each week. This feature will hopefully compel people to come out and participate in support of their team.
Our online scoring program automatically updates the individual scores, team scores, standings, and maintains each player's separate Men's League Handicap. This is all done in real-time. This is great for a couple of reasons:
- You can sit around the clubhouse and watch the results of your team and see how they are making out.
- You can see how you personally did when compared to the entire field.
If there is a scoring mistake on our end you will notice this right away and we can make the necessary changes.
League website: www.golfscoring.net/amherstview
Throughout the course of the year, we will be holding feature nights for our Men's League. These nights will incorporate food specials in our restaurant, closest to the pin contests and potential draw prizes (pending on League funds). These will take place on the following dates:
- Tuesday, June 15, 2021
- Tuesday, July 13, 2021
- Tuesday, August 10, 2021
- Tuesday, September 7, 2021
As a member of Amherstview Golf Club there is no fee for your round of golf. As a non-member, the weekly rate for the 9-holes is $25.00, with the option of playing 18 holes for $35. Every league member that plays must contribute a $5.00 weekly fee towards the year-end prize fund and weekly payouts. An additional $3.00 for participation in skins is optional.
Money Breakdown for League
- Yearly registration = $25.00 (Paid prior to playing the first league round)
- Weekly Participation = $5.00
- Skins Participation = $3.00 (optional)
- Weekly Green Fee (non-members) = $25.00
Weekly Individual Payouts
- Low Gross Individual = $20.00
- Low Net Individual = $15.00
- High Net Individual = $10.00
Weekly Team Payouts (Winning teams each week)
- Winning team with the lowest score = $12.00 per player
- Winning team with the second-lowest score = $10.00 per player
- Winning team with third-lowest score = $8.00 per player
- Winning team with fourth-lowest score = $6.00 per player
*Payouts are to players participating that week only
The Amherstview Golf Club Men's League is a 9-hole league. Tee times will be blocked each league day from 5:30 pm until the end of the night, you must contact the pro shop to book one of these times. If you wish to play outside of this time slot, you should book your own tee time. We cannot guarantee that tee times will be available before 5:30 pm each league day as other events may be scheduled. We will try to accommodate everyone as best as possible, as league participation is very important to us.
In the event of questionable weather, a minimum of 50 percent of the field will need to submit scores for the week to count. If 50 percent of the field does not submit scores, we will deem that Men's Night a rainout and the week will be discarded. Please make every effort to play as it is difficult at times to judge the weather changes through the day and therefore makes it hard to determine whether to cancel or not.
Men's League Rules
- Under 55 WILL play BLUE tees and Over 55 WILL play WHITE tees.
- No mulligans
- You must putt everything out. Absolutely NO GIMMES
- Preferred lies in your fairways ONLY
- Out of Bounds -- play as a lateral hazard
- Must play on Tuesday
- 50 percent of the field must play in order for Men's Night to count (ie. bad weather)
- Must play a minimum of eight times to be eligible for a year-end prize
- When submitting a scorecard, please make sure to include first and last name (last name a must for score entering purposes), and a total of 9-hole score